College of Southern Idaho
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
College and Career Readiness/ABE Instructor
at College of Southern Idaho
NOTE: Unofficial transcripts are required as part of the process to apply. Please upload your transcripts along with your cover letter and resume.
Evening positions are available in Twin Falls and Burley.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The College & Career Readiness/Adult Basic Education program is looking for instructors to teach adults in the subject areas of Reading/Writing and Math, as well as teaching English skills to non-native English speakers. Instructors will work closely with Lead Teachers for implementation of content. Curriculum and materials are provided and instructors will be supported by a mentoring program. instructors will be trained in administration of program assessments and the program data base.
Positions are part-time and contingent on continued grant funding and sufficient enrollment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Shall include but are not limited to the following:
1. Create a positive, professional image of Career and College Readiness/Adult Basic Education
2. Manage an active, productive learning environment for adult students
3. Respond in a timely manner to communication from the administrative staff
4. Participate in staff development activities.
5. Understand the CASAS, TABE and GAIN testing systems and administer them correctly
7. Insure that all students are pre- and post-tested according to the Idaho State Assessment policy
8. Use the approved CSI curriculum and materials
9. Instruct courses in a multi-level, culturally diverse setting.
10. Maintain accurate attendance records for testing, advising, and retention of students
12. Use IMAS system to enter attendance, check student progress, and inform testing.
13. Submit hard-copy attendance according to established timelines.
14. Submit timesheets according to monthly deadlines.
15. Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred. Experience teaching adults with diverse backgrounds and cultures is preferred.
- Work effectively with staff and students of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Good customer relation skills; ability to be firm but compassionate.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to manage conflict in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all student matters.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Lifting/Carrying Up to 50 Pounds: