College of Southern Idaho
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dual Credit Instructor, Academic
at College of Southern Idaho
This position is an ongoing opportunity for application and is responsible for delivering quality instruction at the applicant’s high school during school hours while maintaining course quality and rigor. The dual credit instructor will assist students in their learning process by utilizing all appropriate College resources, materials, facilities, and educational technologies available to complement the teaching and learning process
- Teach freshmen and sophomore college level courses in which require proper certification, qualification and vetting approval.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved course syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with CSI and State of Idaho portal requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Dual Credit and Admissions & Records Office within the appropriate allotted deadline.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- Participate in Campus and Dual Enrollment Office professional development, in addition to any other activities specific to subject area.
- Use the same textbook as selected and approved by the department.
- Verify class roster by the day of record.
- Work closely with the Advanced Opportunities Coordinator and/or Counselor at the respective High School, as well as with the CSI Early College staff to ensure timely and accurate student records.
UNIQUE FUNCTIONS (Leads or supervises, fiscal accountabilities, technical responsibilities, problem solving, decision making duties, works independently, takes lead on projects, etc.)
- Recruit for, support, and promote the Dual Credit program.
- Must complete at College provided on-boarding session prior to teaching the College course.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated teaching and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills and an understanding of how to facilitate growth in students
- Designs and maintains an active classroom environment conducive to student learning and success
- Maintains student attendance records
- Evaluates student performance and learning
- Willingness and proactive attitude to participate in the requirements of the Advanced Opportunities program
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE REQUIRED
- Ability to work with and integrate the Canvas learning management system
- Ability to learn and navigate the MYCSI system successfully
EDUCATION / TRAINING REQUIRED
- Currently employed by a high school
- Current teaching certification
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS include lifting and carrying from 20 - 50 lbs.