College of Western Idaho
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at College of Western Idaho
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION TYPE: Part-Time, Non-Benefited
DEPARTMENT: School of Sciences and Public Affairs, Social Sciences Department
RESPONSIBLE TO: Department Chair
ESTIMATED CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
The Sociology Program at College of Western Idaho is looking for adjunct faculty members to teach a variety of Sociology courses in a hybrid format during week days. Successful candidates are required to use the Blackboard learning platform for grading, holding regular office hours, communicate with students outside of class, etc. The successful candidate may be asked in the future to teach evenings or Saturday at any of the College of Western Idaho’s campus locations.
- Teach contracted credit load of courses in accordance with the descriptions published in the CWI catalog
- Utilize outcomes assessment measures
- Participates in instructional evaluation processes
- Meet all scheduled classes promptly with any deviations promptly and accurately communicated through the appropriate channels
- Monitor and record student progress, maintain accurate records and adhere to the College of Western Idaho’s deadlines for such procedures
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students
- Read, understand, agree and adhere to the Social Sciences and Public Affairs Letter of Teaching Appointment and Faculty Expectations
- Must be able to provide own means of transportation to various locations throughout the day.
- Conveys by words and action the values expected by CWI
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Sociology
- Ability to enact a variety of teaching methodologies including lectures, group activities, individual instruction, distance learning, and teaching with technology
- Demonstrated teaching effectiveness
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and development
- Proficiency in the use of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software, and Blackboard applications