College of Western Idaho
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Reporting and Financial Analyst
at College of Western Idaho
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Benefit-Eligible
DEPARTMENT: Business Office
RESPONSIBLE TO: Manager II, Budget
ESTIMATED CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Work closely with the Sr. Managers, Staff and Faculty to identify key performance metrics and measures to ensure the financial health of the college. This position is to design, develop and analyze reports that will identify any possible financial performance opportunities and/or issues. Create forecasting and trend analysis reports that will tie into the budget and strategic planning of the college. This position will lead a Business Office reporting team on projects to ensure standardized and accurate reporting is being created and distributed by the Business Office to our customers. May be required to interpret and present the reports to various groups around the college.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Coordinate with IT and the business partners to define data requirements to support the needed analysis. Test, design and implement the new reports and provide the analysis as needed.
- Provide recommendations on strategic improvements based on the analysis and findings as it relates to the budget and financial reporting. Assist in creating analytical solutions to forecast key performance measures and financial needs.
- Lead the Business Office reporting team on projects to ensure that a coordinated and valued efforts are being provided to our business partners. This is achieved by creating valuable reports timely as needed, (weekly, monthly, quarterly and at year-end) for the various Department Heads and Budget Officers to understand the financial health of the college and their particular areas.
- Delivers quality reports by analyzing and testing the data and methodologies of the results, escalating complex issues and troubleshoot errors to ensure accurate and valid information is being provided.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to document and deliver requested ad-hoc reports as well as any special projects.
- Providing effective customer service by analyzing trends and communicating with internal key stakeholders to clarify organizational goals and ensure alignment to the strategic plan.
- Drive the implementation of the most current reporting tools by monitoring industry trends and best practices. Partner with IT to ensure compatibility and requirements of mining the data sources.
- Lead the data testing and provide subject matter expertise to train the Business Office team on tools being utilized.
- Ensure documentation of each report to include; data elements and methodologies so that changes and validity can be track over time.
- Assists with collection and analysis of the data that will lead to accurate and effective budgets to cover the forecasted costs the college needs to maintain a quality educational institution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business, operations, research, statistical analysis or related discipline.
- 4 years of experience in financial analysis. 5 years of experience as a Research Analyst for a Higher Education institution preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office Suites.
- Demonstrated experience and considerable knowledge of financial modeling and trend analysis.
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and presenting complex research and statistical projects.
- Experience in project management including, ability to lead a group to the desired goal and obtain accurate and quality results.
CWI OFFERS A COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES
- Affordable health insurance coverage - medical, dental, and vision
- Opportunity for flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Generous retirement plan, depending on position, may include:
- Participation in Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI) defined benefit plan, or
- Mandatory employee contribution of 6.79% of earnings
- Employer contribution of 11.32% of earnings
- Participation in the Optional Retirement Plan
- Mandatory employee contribution of 6.97%
- Employer contribution of 11.24% of earnings with 100% immediate vesting
- Employer covered life and disability insurance
- Additional employee, spouse, and dependent life insurance available for purchase
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- CWI tuition reduction for employees, spouse, and dependents (restrictions apply)
- Reciprocal agreements with other Idaho colleges and Universities (restrictions apply)
- Vacation accrues at the rate of 16 hours per month (240 hour maximum)
- Sick Leave accrued at a rate of 8 hours per month
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Employee discount programs from many local businesses