Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chaplain | Horizon Home Health & Hospice | Meridian / Caldwell, ID
at Ensign Services
Horizon is one of Idaho's oldest and largest Home Health agencies. We have been in business for over 20 years and currently have 8 branches from Weiser to Burley and are excited to have recently opened in Pocatello.We pride ourselves on our quality of care and ethical business practices as well as our foundational Core Values CAPLICO- - -Celebrate, Accountability, Passion for Learning, Intelligent Risk Taking, Customer Second, and Ownership.How we do it:CELEBRATING successes large or small. We hold each other ACCOUNTABLE with respect and professionalism. Our PASSION FOR LEARNING allows us to teach our team members the latest and most advanced Home Health and Hospice education. Our LOVE ONE ANOTHER atmosphere shows we work as a team with trust and compassion. The growth we have experienced reveals that we are INTELLIGENT RISK TAKERS with our processes and procedures. But what really sets us apart from all the others is our CUSTOMER SECOND philosophy. Employees are our main and most important focus. We achieve job fulfillment by promoting OWNERSHIP through the independence that Home Health and Hospice offers.Horizon is Idaho’s EMPLOYER OF CHOICE and we want you to join us as we PROVIDE LIFE CHANGING SERVICE to all those we touch
Graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology (BD, MDiv or equivalent theological degree) preferred. Experience working with death and dying, individuals/family/caregiver. 1 unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (C.P.E.) preferred. o
Valid Driver's License
Home Health and Hospice experience preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assures spiritual assessment of patients and families/caregivers in the hospice program and appropriate services are rendered in a timely manner.
2. Assures initial and on-going bereavement assessments of patients and families/caregivers in the hospice program is completed in a timely manner and an individualized bereavement plan of care is implemented.
3. Facilitates the development of the individualized plan of care by participating in the comprehensive assessment to meet identified spiritual needs.
4. Provides direct spiritual care to patients and families/caregivers.
5. Provides bereavement counseling: emotional, psychosocial, and spiritual support and services provided before and after the death of the patient to assist with issues related to grief, loss, and adjustment.
6. Serves as a liaison and support to community chaplains and spiritual counselors. Facilitates visits by community chaplains, spiritual counselors, local clergy, and others as necessary to help support the patient’s spiritual needs.
7. Maintains records of spiritual care services utilization and related activities for quality assurance, program development, and policies and procedures review and revision.
8. Documents direct services and ongoing communication with community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
9. Attends patient care conference and interdisciplinary group meetings as a member of the interdisciplinary group.
10. Provides consultation, education, and support to the interdisciplinary group on spiritual care.
11. Recruits community chaplains, spiritual counselors, and spiritual care volunteers adequate to meet patient and family/caregiver needs by developing community contacts and offering
education through congregations about hospice care.
12. Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
13. Provides for funeral or memorial services for patients as requested.
14. Plans periodic memorial services to meet the needs of personnel, volunteers, and community clergy/spiritual counselors working with the hospice team.
15. Assists in supervision of spiritual care volunteers when assigned to patients/ families/caregivers.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Horizon Home Health and Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.