Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GL Accountant - CPA | Cornerstone Service Center | Eagle, ID
at Ensign Services
Ensign Services, Inc. is the most dynamic company in the exploding healthcare services field today, serving 215+ long-term care facilities, 40 home health and hospice agencies, with over 25,000 employees in fourteen states. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the shared "Service Centers", a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual operations
About the Position:
Responsibilities of this key position include:
- Responsible for the general ledger month-end close of 10-12 locations.
- Review and follow-up of monthly financial results with field locations and Controller.
- Prepare general ledger entries as needed to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial results for month-end close. Generate and review operating statements, compare actual results to historical trends and investigate and explain variances; analyze key accounts.
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy, appropriate coding and accrue when necessary.
- Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation of selected asset and liability accounts for accuracy.
- Responsible for compiling all supporting documentation for balances in these accounts
- Maintain and monitor applicable SOX controls including contact with centers to ensure completeness.
- Provide support to internal and external auditors as required.
- 2 - 5+ years of relevant experience in an accounting function is required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and CPA or CPA candidate
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are necessary for success in this role
- Strong Excel skills preferred
- Great Plains experience preferred
- Must be a strong team player and leader, highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods
- Able to work some off-hours necessary to complete the close process.
- Skilled nursing healthcare experience a plus
We are committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employees needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and various other features, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. We believe in great work and we celebrate our employees' efforts and accomplishments both locally and company wide, recognizing people daily through our Moments of Truth Program. In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employees' professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions and seminars. For more information, please go to www.ensignbenefits.com
The location for this position is:
Cornerstone Service Center
1675 E. Riverside Drive, #200
Eagle, ID 83616
If interested in this position, please submit a resume for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
Ensign Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Pre-employment criminal background screening required.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.