Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Workers Compensation Resource | Cornerstone Service Center | Continental US
at Ensign Services
About the Company
Our Service Centers are comprised of teams of customer service-orientated professionals who work together to provide clinical, legal, HR, finance, IT, compliance, and other expertise and resources to a dynamic and expanding base of home health, hospice, and home care agencies, assisted living facilities, and mobile diagnostic businesses. These entities have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they are supported by our Service Centers, which allows local leaders and caregivers to focus on day-to-day client care and business operations within their individual entities. The Worker’s Compensation Resource will be part of the Service Center teams, and will provide professional resource support to the operations to help them effectively manage their claims and an employer obligations associated with work-related incidents. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for an energetic and organized professional who has a passion for worker’s compensation to join the resource team in providing expertise services and support to both on-site facilities and other entities who have employees in the field.
- Oversee worker’s compensation programs in multiple jurisdictions
- Maintain, update, and continuously improve employee workplace incident policies, processes, resources, and systems
- Timely communicate information to the field to ensure the proactive and proper management of worker’s compensation exposures
- Assist the facilities in managing ongoing issues and interactions with injured employees
- Track and trend claims and claim administration cost for reporting and education purposes; develop recommendations for risk management based on trending data
- Partner with local leaders, claims administrators, and adjusters to achieve best possible case outcomes
- Advise and educate management regarding lost time and/or transitional duty
- Develop, implement and train on worker’s compensation management for current locations, new acquisitions, and new-employee orientation programs
- Oversee third party claims administrators and adjustors.
- Oversee OSHA injury tracking and posting requirements
- Assist HR/Legal in responding to OSHA and state government agency request for information and work with HR/Legal resources in supporting facilities during on-site investigations.
- Be proactive and innovative in managing issues related to workplace injuries.
- Work closely with CFO, General Counsel, and insurance brokers to determine the best options during policy renewals
- Provide rolling data on a monthly basis to General Counsel and accounting for their monthly meetings and premium allocations
- Travel required to multiple states and up to 50% of the time.
Minimum requirements and skills:
- 5 plus years of worker’s compensation claims experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Preferred experience in home health, hospice, assisted living, and/or other healthcare environments.
- Ideal candidate will have experience of having been employed with a worker’s compensation third party claims administrator, with expertise in day to day claims management and/or oversight.
- Must be highly organized, disciplined, detail focused, and able to work independently with multiple clients.
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative problem solving and implementation of positive proactive process improvement.
- Effective communications with all levels of employees from care givers, staff, and management, as well as outside TPAs and governmental agencies.
- Able to quickly and articulately prepare clear and appropriate correspondence and reports.
- Skilled in MSWord, Excel, Power Point, and ability to quickly learn and navigate programs.
- Strongly prefer experience with worker’s compensation self-insurance, state plans, and monopolistic programs
- A great sense of humor and a strong desire to help other people perform and develop.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Position: Full time benefits (medical, dental vision, life insurance and 401k), PTO.
Location: Telecommute option available for consideration.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.